Friday, February 29, 2008

Girls and Boys

Any mother of a boy has recognized the general dearth of cool baby boy clothes out there. I compared my searches for Infant Boy clothes to Infant Girl clothes, and found a serious discrepancy. For example on Overstock.com I found three pages of girl clothes vs. one page of boy clothes, and on Macy's site I found ten pages of girl clothes vs. eight pages of boy clothes. Not only are there simply more girl clothes out there, but there are better designs and styles for girls as well. Boys seem to be relegated to wearing stripes, animals, cartoon characters, or sport themes. I find this a little disappointing. The closest thing to cool, and hip infant boy clothes I could find were some of the sweat suits that are out there. There are some cute hip hop style suits out there:

At Macy's I liked
Sean John Baby Boy Hoodie & Pant Set


In this outfit from Overstock.com my nephews could look just like their Opa when he dresses up in his velour jogging suit
Phenomenal Sweat Suit

icon


I also liked this set from C&C California

Baby Boy Vintage Polo


Baby Boy Heathered Crop Pant


As for girls clothes. The options are limitless. Today, I am in love with the simple Polo by Ralph Lauren Little Girl Jody Pleated Polo Dress available at Macy's. It is very Margot from the Royal Tenenbaums. I also am digging the Sophias Style Boutique Girls Jungle Dress Set that is discounted at Overstock.com. It is way more flowerdy, but it is fun.




icon

4 comments:

Anna Schafer said...

Thank you for your post, I look for such article along time, today i find it finally. this post give me lots of advise it is very useful for me.
Crib Rental

Soham Kapoor said...

Amazing collections of stylish cool boys dp.

cool dude said...

nice post

dp for boys

Unknown said...

Baby Boy Clothes Malaysia Locate an extraordinary scope of value items at dropbuyexpress costs and Buy from malaysia Online provider's appropriate here.