Tuesday, February 26, 2008

MacLaren V. McLaren

The first time I heard of MacLaren baby carriers I thought 'That is strange who knew the race car team made baby strollers?' That thought in turn led to thoughts of super fast crazy sleek baby pushers. However, it turns out the MacLaren baby strollers are rather practical looking, and probably go just your average stroller speed. It also turns out the British company MacLaren actually has nothing to do with the formula 1 race car team/guy McLaren.

I am afraid this whole race car reference is going to be lost on a lot of moms and my husband. I discovered this weekend that he has no clue about any race car - period. Now, I actually know very little about race cars. I am simply not a fan, and watching machines go in circles is not my thing no matter how fast they go. But, when i heard my uncle was building a Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe, I had at least heard of the car. I also tried my husband out with the term Lotus Esprit (one of the most awesomest 80's cars) - he had never heard of it. Oh well...

Anyway, the MacLaren strollers are currently on sale at BabyUniverse. Some descriptions from the many reviews on the MacLaren XLR were - Porsche of strollers, light weight, easy to fold, great maneuverability, durable, versatile, roomy, and the list goes on. Most of the reviews i read also included the phrase 'Love It!' The one complaint i found was that the car seat adapter bar was not so great. It had to be removed completely in order to fold the stroller.

3 comments:

Elias said...

Now hang on! I've heard of Porsches.

Lynn said...

Thanks for this! i have asked a number of ppl and either someone knows the car or someone knows the stroller. no one i know knows both exists! i have finally found my answer :)

PickBabyStroller.com said...

Maclaren is one of the top most brand. I provide here some maclaren product reviews about - 5 Best Choices Maclaren Umbrella Stroller for Baby. go here - Maclaren Umbrella Stroller